“How much does it cost to build a website?” This is often the first question a new client asks.
The answer is “Less than you think!” and we have solutions to fit all budgets!
Asking “How much does it cost to build a website?” is a perfectly fair question. Building a website is a lot like building a house – the contractor is going to have a lot of questions. How many bedroom and bathrooms will you need, what about the fixtures and fittings, do you require home-automation, controlled lighting, etc.
Equally important and often overlooked are the questions of hosting, maintenance, support, and SEO.
A lot of clients simply assume that all hosting is equal and the cheaper the better. This is absolutely not the case! Hosting is the foundation that your website will be built upon and it needs to perform optimally and provide some pretty specific features and functionality.
Maintenance and support
Once your shiny new website is live and online, it’s going to need some TLC on a fairly regular basis. This is because platforms like WordPress that let us build spectacular websites, require updates and security patches so that they will continue to perform optimally and remain secure against malicious hackers.
Search engine optimization
What’s the point of building a website if no one can find it? Sure, if you give a client a card with your website’s URL, then you can assume the client will find your website. But what about the 1000’s of local businesses looking for services like yours? This is where SEO comes into play – it helps your clients connect with your business.
We have a simple structure for managing the proposal and quotation process:
- We will arrange a consultation with a web designer who will walk you through the requirements and options.
- We will prepare a statement of work including, client responsibilities, deliverables, and terms of payment for your approval.
- We will prepare a quote for the website project based on the client approved statement of work.
- We will begin preparing your website once the quote is accepted and the deposit received.
- The website will be built on our staging servers.
- We will move the website to your hosting provider and live domain once final approval is granted and the invoice balance is paid.
Visit our pricing guide to get a ballpark idea of costs and features.
Visit our Recent projects to see the latest sites we’ve delivered.